Friday, September 10, 2010

Sixteen Books


If you know me, you know I love to read.  If you don't know me, that's something you need to know about me.


In no particular order, here are sixteen books that will always stay with me.  There are so many more than sixteen, however I've stuck with this number and typed these titles just as they've filtered down through the brain fog to me.  The Bible is not included though it is the book I return to most often.

  • Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
  • Ivanhoe - Sir Walter Scott
  • The Hiding Place - Corrie ten Boom
  • Night - Elie Wiesel
  • Pagan Christianity - Frank Viola and George Barna
  • Mustard Seed vs McWorld - Tom Sine
  • A New Kind of Christian - Brian McClaren
  • Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  • Till We Have Faces - CS Lewis
  • The Silmarillion - JRR Tolkien
  • East of Eden - John Steinbeck
  • Strong Poison - Dorothy Sayers
  • Spiritual Midwifery - Ina May Gaskin
  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver
  • Christy - Catherine Marshall
  • The Last Battle - CS Lewis
I am choosing Strong Poison as my latest reread.  I've kept a record of every single book I've read for at least the last twelve years.  Wishing now I'd kept track of books read more than once. 

While growing up I had a small selection of books that I'd reread once a year.  Little Women was a reread, as was A Tale of Two Cities. There are so many more... I just can't remember all of them.

Remember the brain fog I mentioned at the beginning?  It's pretty much constant.  If I want to recall a particular memory, I have to sit down with a stimulant -yes, coffee- and make a concerted effort to search through memories until I find it.

So, there are sixteen books... and now, I'm looking forward to Strong Poison!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.