Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection

"I know that I have to move from speaking about Jesus to letting Him speak within me, from thinking about Jesus to letting Him think within me, from acting for and with Jesus to letting Him act through me.  I know the only way for me to see the world is to see it through His eyes."
-Henri J M Nouwen

When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left.  But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up his garments among themselves.  [Luke 23.33-34]

Jesus saw us through forgiving eyes.  Remembering what He did for us challenges me -no, pushes me towards- forgiveness as an attitude and a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.