My usual thoughts on any given morning will often be clustering around one or all of these subjects: nuclear war, terrorism, religious/environmental/global justice issues, and [thankfully] God.
As Coo fell into a deep snooze next to me just a few minutes ago, I decided it would probably be a good time to forget about the big picture and focus on the beauty in today. So here are some of my favourite things from today:
- Ten minute quick nap this morning while the older two helped the younger two build an exquisite indoor fort.
- Listening to Lefty and Righty each read aloud a page or two from their current books [respectively], The Two Towers, and The Magician's Nephew.
- A fun grammar lesson with the above two ginger-haired short people [yes, I confess I am a grammar-loving nerd]
- Realising the two eight-year-old "short" people are not so much after all... they measured in yesterday at four feet, four and a half inches!
- Opening up a thoughtful and encouraging American Mother's Day card from my parents.
- Crunchy peanut butter on ricecakes for lunch, accompanied by bananas.
- The fact that Mr J's knee pain vanished instantly when it was time to play football outdoors.
- Coo napping... which means I can rest in silence and blog, while drinking a cup of coffee with cream. Yes, cream. And Coo, napping. Rare but lovely treat.
I'll leave worrying about world disasters for another day.