Saturday, May 07, 2011

Perception of a Five-Year-Old

We travelled down south to a conference at the beginning of this week.  

For a while we wandered around inside a large white tent with lots of information booths and vendors.  Mr J found a small bouncy ball and began a happy, solitary football game while his older brothers sat at a computer loudly labouring over a general knowledge quiz about Africa.

Mr J kicked his ball and ran to retrieve it near my foot, where it had landed.

"Mum, are we in Ecuador?"

"No, Mr J, we're not.  Why do you ask?"  

He laughed.  "Because, if we were, we might see [insert name of famous Ecuadorian footballer here]!"  An instant later, he was gone, chasing after his miniature football.

No, it didn't make sense to me either.  I considered how my life consists mostly of things that make sense.  Then I thought of something Jesus said.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."
 -Luke 18.17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.