Monday, February 13, 2012

Joy of Thankfulness

Today, I'm thankful for...
  • My muddy boys, playing so happily outdoors in our grimy garden, even though soon they and their mud will be all over the floor by the back door.
  • Mr J's imaginative spirit and approach to life; I've enjoyed my repeated visits to his zoo, which has taken over our lounge.  All the [stuffed] animals are named, and living in different areas.
  • Our week off from formal lessons; I've had time to sew!  More bunting, a few drawstring bags, a shopping bag, and a holster for Righty's cap gun, using a pattern he designed himself.
  • All the recent inspiration I've had for creating our own raw recipes.  Dan had a treat of raw ice cream made with banana puree, fresh coconut cream and milk, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.
  • An evening out at the cinema with Dan, a rare treat, thanks to our friend Hannah who'd offered to look after the kids. We saw The Descendants.  It was good. Not the most cheerful film I've ever seen, but it had bursts of comedy in the midst of tragedy, just like real life; and about as far from the standard Hollywood plot as you can imagine.  For anyone with recent life experience of close family deaths, I think it could almost be described as cathartic.
"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought,
and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
-G K Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.