Friday, August 24, 2012


"Lizzie's bunting"... a large wall bunting sewn from two different fabrics -- Kaffe Fassett's Starflower Red  and Alexander Henry's Kaori Floral Bright.  The bias tape-made string is a grape purple.

And an understated "Union Jack" medium-sized double-sided bunting, with cream bias-tape for the triangles of cotton fabric, purchased from a local haberdashery.

"A new cushion for my room!" she says, pointing.  Yes, finally.  I've only had the fabric for about five months!  This is a heavy-weight Ikea cotton fabric, with an opening along one side for pushing in the soft feather inner cushion.  I used two beautiful shell buttons to close the opening.  

As usual, these completions only slightly diminish my stack of sewing projects, mainly because I add them faster than I sew them!  However, it's lovely to see three finished. Next up is completing a dress for Coo, sewing another string of bunting, and more cotton gift bags.  


  1. beautiful!!!!!! I love these xo

  2. Thanks! Loved making them. :)

  3. Very lovely Erin. I am so glad you decided to make the bunting doublesided. It is great and so functional in any space.

    And your cushion is so bright and cheery! Your hand model is so cute too!

  4. Thanks Mary! I'm glad I double-sided it too. It's more versatile that way, and it's not too short at all.

  5. You inspire me. I've just moved to a new home, and maybe I'll sew...something.

  6. Thank you. New home... blank canvas! Enjoy... :)


Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.