In a large glass or jar, measure out:
- 2 TBS oats
- 1 tsp dried [desiccated] unsweetened coconut
- 3 whole brazil nuts
- 5 almonds
Pour over enough water or coconut water to submerge. Cover and leave overnight.
In the morning, add:
- one small ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 large apple or one small apple, quartered and cored but not peeled
- two teaspoons chia seeds
- any other handful of fruit you want to add: mango, pineapple, and fresh berries are some of our favourites [optional]
- 1-2 cups coconut milk, homemade almond milk, or coconut water
Blend well, stopping often to make sure all ingredients are being incorporated. Add more coconut or almond milk as necessary to liquefy the texture.
I make our smoothies in the same jars that we drink from. These are incredibly handy as we can put a lid straight on to take our breakfast with us if in a rush, or pop in the fridge if we can't finish it all right away.
I did not take a photo of these smoothies as they are fairly unimpressive visually. Their taste is wonderful, though, and with all their wholesome ingredients, will keep you full until lunchtime!