Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fourteenth Birthday Interview With Righty





Here's Righty, laughing in anticipation at the idea of the sparkler candles being lit on his third birthday cake. He's always been so good at living in and appreciating the moment, someone who truly understands how to enjoy today. We are so thankful for his lighthearted, happy, creative, busy presence in our family.

What is the adventure you would most like to have?  Probably Will Treaty’s journeys from the Rangers Apprentice books series. They’re exciting and feel so real that I can imagine myself in the stories.


What would you like to do when you grow up?  I actually don’t know.


What's that going to be like?  I’ve not really thought about it recently. Normally I think about that but I haven’t lately.


What's your favourite supper?  I like so many things. I really enjoy the chicken vegetable pie we had for our birthday meal. 


What's your favourite cake or pudding?  Chocolate cream pie, and lots of other things.


What's your favourite book[s]?  Rangers Apprentice series, The Outlaws of Sherwood, King Solomon’s Mines.


Who do you like hanging out with?  My family, the Costellos, the Crawfords, Layton, Seth, Anna and Nathan. I like playing games with Grammy and watching movies with Grandpa. I like playing Chinese checkers with Nanny and playing the Wii with Grandad.


What do you enjoy doing with me?  Calling you ‘Mevvy'. Playing games and learning history together.


What do you enjoy doing with Dad?  Playing chess, working with him on the house, listening to him read to us.


What do you enjoy doing with Coo?  Having tea parties together.


What do you enjoy doing with Lefty? Playing chess and football [soccer].


What do you enjoy doing with Mr J? Play fighting.



What's your favourite thing to do on your own? Read a book, listen to music, play with my football cards.  

(Righty also loves to draw when he's on his own. This is his own version of Paddington Bear, created for Coo's Paddington birthday party earlier this year.)


What's your favourite family day out together?  Going to English Heritage sites or National Trust houses in England. Here in America, I like it when we go hiking in state parks.



What makes you happy?  Food.


What makes you sad?  When Coo cries.


What do you enjoy learning about the most?  Interesting facts, football [soccer] statistics, facts about weather and geography.


If you could choose any time in history to live in, when would that be?  During the time of the Roman empire.


Is there anyone famous that you'd like to meet?  The Brazilian football player Neymar Jr.


If there were any imaginary/pretend things you could choose to do, what would it be?  I would be someone who could disappear and hide in the forest, so that my enemies couldn’t find me, like a wizard or a ranger.

You can read Righty's twelfth birthday interview here.  Somehow we missed his thirteenth birthday, which is a shame, but never mind! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.