Saturday, August 12, 2017

Twelfth Birthday Interview With Mr J



Twelve years we've had with Mr J.  This boy continues to be very much himself, an individual personality in the midst of a family of firstborns.  It is a joy to watch him grow in character and understanding, and to see the realisation of facets of his personality that were evident early on but are only just now reaching maturity.

What is the adventure you would most like to have?  I’d like to go to a faraway place and explore through forests, over mountains, and in caves. It would be interesting to find new things and see different types of animals and landscapes.

What would you like to do when you grow up?  I’d like to be a musician and then travel around to visit famous places like the Great Wall of China and Niagara Falls.


What do you think that will be like? Music usually makes me feel calm and I’d like to be able to create music that makes me feel calm inside. I like the way I can create different sounds. Travelling will be fun because I can see places from history. 

What's your favourite meal? I like a good chicken curry, a bit spicy. My other favourites are vegetable chilli [Mr J knows how to make this!], and a proper cooked English breakfast.

What's your favourite cake or pudding? Homemade chocolate cream pie with banana slices on top.

What's your favourite book[s]? The Hobbit, the World Whisperer booksthe Tintin books - especially the Secret of the Unicorn- and the Eragon series.

Who do you enjoy hanging out with? My family, our dog Paddington, my cousins




What do you enjoy doing with me? I like to sew with you, and when you read aloud to me. I like to talk with you and smell your food cooking.


What do you enjoy doing with Dad? I like it when he reads to me, and we have sleepovers, joke around and be silly. It's fun to build Lego with him.

What do you enjoy doing with Coo? Play in the snow together. She likes it and always wants to stay longer but I get too cold. We play with the marble run and Playmobil together, indoors.



What do you enjoy doing with Lefty?  I like to discuss our football [soccer] card leagues, and joke around and be silly with him.


What do you enjoy doing with Righty? I like to hear him do his silly voices and tell stories with the funny characters he’s made up - Cranes, Pegarish, and Zipp. We use Garage Band and make up crazy sounds together.


What's your favourite thing to do on your own? Read, play the ukulele and make up my own tunes, play with our football card leagues.


What's your favourite family day out together? Going hiking or camping, visiting Spring Mill [state park].

What makes you happy? People laughing. Paddington pretending to be fierce. When I find out that something good has happened in the world, like a war ending.

What makes you sad?  Wars and people fighting. When people die. 

What do you enjoy learning about the most?  Maths, just because I enjoy equations and Venn diagrams; and history, as I like learning about places and people from the past. 

If you could choose any time in history to live in, when would that be?  When the English came to live in Massachusetts at Plimoth Plantation.

Is there anyone famous that you'd like to meet? Footballers Wayne Rooney and Romelu Lukaku, and the singer/songwriter Newton Faulkner.


If there were any imaginary/pretend things you could choose to do, what would it be? I’d like to be able to fly and speak to animals.


You can read J's eleventh birthday interview here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.