Sunday, March 20, 2011

Impressions...

...of a lovely weekend.

:: Family morning of miniature golfing.  Hilarious fun... Especially Mr J's hole-in-one: twice!

:: Evening in with a sisterly friend, drinking coffee and watching this.  Sinister cheese based on the 80's musical... in my opinion, the book and on-stage musical are much better! 

:: Morning out at my friend's, with Coo. Enjoying brilliant sunshine and soaking in the unusual warmth.  Watching Coo and her buddies [twin boys] play together.  Meanwhile, Dan and our three boys went on a rambling adventure in a nearby forest.

:: Afternoon in as a family watching this.  Crazy movie... but sweet family time.

:: Evening out in our friends' back garden... bonfire!  Ever smelled conifers burning?  Fresh, smoky, sharp, piney smell... Mmmm!  The Boys wouldn't leave until the last branch was on the bonfire.  I think the fire might have been Mordor, and there were definitely orcs and elves involved.  I love my imaginative kids!

:: Morning out with our church family, meeting together.

:: Afternoon in at home.  Lentil soup... boys playing football... Daddy kindly corralled all four small people and I had free time!  One of my favourite old books, re-read many times, read in an hour.  I speed-read often.  Wonder why...

:: After that it was baking, cleaning up, putting kids to bed, conversation on the phone with a friend, and lots of people round.  

Not spectacular, just... significantly special and worthy of mention!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the PERFECT weekend! Mine was spent moving, sleeping in, watching movies, packing, unpacking...I'll be glad when this is all done.

    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is definitely a bizarre movie, but cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:39 pm

    Sounds like a fun and varied weekend. Love Meatballs movie.. so funny..it's Brazillian I think....the humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good post.
    I enjoyed reading every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.