Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slow Days

Er no, not really.  We've had a crazy few weeks.  But I'm intent on slowing down a bit now, at least for the next month.  Long-planned obligations are out of the way and my time feels slightly more free.

So what's next?  

We are steadily continuing our 30 Days of Clutter Bootcamp, currently floating somewhere around Day 4.  Dan and I work together on this one, and find ourselves making space for de-cluttering time about once a week.  Our last venture was my junk drawer.  It looks incredible.  I will try to start taking some before and after photos as evidence.

I'm knitting away, too... nothing but dishcloths, all knitted in beautifully soft 50% bamboo, 50% cotton.  

Finally, planning the purchase of a big stainless steel pot for soap-making.  I already own a stainless steel pot, called Kevin, but we can't use him for soap-making!  He's strictly for food only.

So yes, I'm thinking August will be soap month.  I've had all the ingredients sitting around since last November! Time to conquer my ever-so-slight fear of using sodium hydroxide and get to work.

I'll let you know how it goes.  Possibly with some photos, as my camera has now returned to the land of the living, alive and well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.