Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflecting

The cup of coffee beside me is only just empty and already I'm ready for another.  It's been one of those mornings.  The kids started arguing early and though they're playing together right now, I feel as if I'm just waiting for the next fight to erupt.  I try to leave them to work through their problems; however, I often find it difficult to know when I do need to step in and dish out some wisdom. When I do, usually that particular "wisdom" I thought I had seems to elude me and I only end up as a referee to the discord.

It's a morning when I'm wishing for solutions. I like clear-cut resolutions, but life isn't necessarily conducive to receiving them! This is Monday, the day I've set aside for thinking about challenges and processing them in a disciplined way.  However, today I'm only full of questions: not many answers, and not even sure how to begin processing. But if I don't attempt a start on even the definition of the questions, it will be one of those days for the rest of the day, when my only goal is to survive until bedtime. And do I really want to waste this day, consign it to the rubbish bin without even a will to redeem it?  

Definitely not.  So, here we go.

  1. What is the most important thing that needs to be done today?
  2. How will I accomplish it?
  3. What practical, everyday things need sorting out?
  4. How will I accomplish them, and when?
And answers?
  1. Love my kids
  2. Hugs and acceptance no matter what
  3. Laundry, menu-planning, finish a sewing project, organise the diary
  4. Just do it
Wow.  That was easier than I thought!  So now I'm off to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.