Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hellos and Goodbyes

We've been sorting through so much stuff.  De-cluttering --again!  Grammy is visiting, and a friend has come to stay for a while.  We needed to create space.

I might have mentioned it here before, but we have so many books. Four overflowing full-sized shelves, and stacks of books just lying on the floor in almost every room of the house.  So how to decide which books to keep, and which books to say goodbye to?

I've had to devise a system consisting of key questions, each of which run through my head quickly as I hold a book in my hands.

Have I read it? If not, will I?  If I have, will I or anyone else in our house read it again?

If the answer is no to all, it goes.  If the answer is yes to the final question, it stays.  So far.

I've not managed to rid myself of many using this system, so I can see myself needing to become more ruthless.

We've managed a few goodbyes this week to friends as well as books.

Coo played a game of Busy Bee with Holly, who is off to university this weekend.


She had some treasured times with her buddy Lizzie, who is also on her way to university.


And Grammy? We have a fun-packed four weeks ahead of us, with many trips and days out planned.  Staying at home the last couple of days with Grammy has been no less exciting.

I'm so thankful for the chance to make memories every day, no matter which family members or friends are around.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet!
    ...and what a cool fire-pit-in-the-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great, isn't it? I was a tiny bit concerned that Mr J might knock it over in the midst of his LOTR play-acting, but somehow the firepit managed to evade his flailing arms and legs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.