Monday, May 09, 2011

Favourite Things

My usual thoughts on any given morning will often be clustering around one or all of these subjects: nuclear war, terrorism, religious/environmental/global justice issues, and [thankfully] God.

As Coo fell into a deep snooze next to me just a few minutes ago, I decided it would probably be a good time to forget about the big picture and focus on the beauty in today.  So here are some of my favourite things from today:
  • Ten minute quick nap this morning while the older two helped the younger two build an exquisite indoor fort.
  • Listening to Lefty and Righty each read aloud a page or two from their current books [respectively], The Two Towers, and The Magician's Nephew.  
  • A fun grammar lesson with the above two ginger-haired short people [yes, I confess I am a grammar-loving nerd]
  • Realising the two eight-year-old "short" people are not so much after all... they measured in yesterday at four feet, four and a half inches!
  • Opening up a thoughtful and encouraging American Mother's Day card from my parents.
  • Crunchy peanut butter on ricecakes for lunch, accompanied by bananas.
  • The fact that Mr J's knee pain vanished instantly when it was time to play football outdoors.
  • Coo napping... which means I can rest in silence and blog, while drinking a cup of coffee with cream.  Yes, cream.  And Coo, napping. Rare but lovely treat.
I'll leave worrying about world disasters for another day.

1 comment:

  1. I have to take a break from reading the news and political commentary about once a month. I am a much happier person when I do that and focus on my little corner of the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.