Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Blueberries


We went blueberry picking on Sunday with J and Q, soon-to-be faraway friends who are like family.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to make some treasured memories with them.



Lefty and Righty did their fair share of berry collecting, and Mr J also picked a substantial amount for an almost-six-year-old.  



Coo kept dipping her hands into our baskets to munch on our berries. She would pick a handful of her own; then, as if those lonely berries rolling round in her basket were calling her name, scoop them out hastily and cram them into her mouth.  She was our own little Sal.

I have no photos of the blueberry coffeecake whipped up later that afternoon as we ate it far too quickly!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...blueberry coffeecake! That sounds delicious. I made some zucchini bread with zucchini from our garden a few weeks ago. Since we are about to be inundated with zucchini, I think I'll make a whole bunch of loaves and freeze them so we can enjoy it in winter!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.