Friday, October 15, 2010

Blog Slump

I know, I know, there's been a slump in my blogging lately... a ten-day one, in fact.

Maybe some of you are worrying that I am going to fall away, as I've done in the past.  I was a little worried about that, too.

Then I realised that I do have stories to tell.  Lots of them. It's just that I forget all of them by the time the last miniature human in this house silent and still.  All I can remember then is that I need a cup of French press coffee, a very large one, as I go about my remaining chores.  This is usually laundry, as in removing all the dry clothes from the airing racks, to make room for the newly washed (er, eight hours ago) laundry, so it can have a chance at drying in spite of the chill in the air.  The dry clothes are folded and put away, and anything leftover that is remotely damp is folded and tucked into the warm airing cupboard for the night, and is dry by morning.

Other late night work over the past week has included the final organisation of schoolwork left from last year.  I pasted brochures and pictures depicting last year's school trips and activities in the back of my Big Black Book '09-'10.  This will be used for display purposes at the upcoming HE event we are participating in, and to remind us me what we did last year!  I also organised Righty and Lefty's "My Family" genealogy pages (from our Story of the World history activities) into tidy folders so they can be paged through, and used as display material.

When all the work is done, I catch up on blogs and reading.  Just finished No Compromise, the book I gave Dan for his birthday.  It was actually a second-read for me, as I first read it twelve years ago.  Yes, I read Dan's present before he did.  At least I no longer have time to read the books I buy to give as presents before I give them, which is what I used to do!

So, in a blogging slump, what do you do when you've forgotten all the stories?

I could start making notes...

I will.  In the meantime, check this out.  I was completely sold after watching the promo video.  Now, I must just convince Dan that I need yet another coffee-making apparatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.